Are you looking for Veterinary Schools in Rancho Cucamonga, California? Enter your zip code to see what schools are available near you. You can select free information from multiple schools, so you can compare later on to decide which ones are right for you.
Having a love for animals and wanting to deal with them on a daily basis can
lead to two careers. One is by becoming a Veterinarian and the other is by
becoming a veterinary technician. As a veterinary technician (aka Paraveterinary worker)
your job is to help the veterinarian by doing most of the routine tasks. As a
veterinary technician you do not do the actual surgery or diagnosis but you
assist the veterinarian by keeping records, helping in the surgery and any
other ways that he needs your help. A veterinary technician plays an important
role in taking care of the animal patients.
Vet Assistant Schools near Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Matching School Ads
Animal Behavior College offers affordable, flexible programs for busy professionals interested in animal careers. We offer hands-on experience in over 400 locations nationwide.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Grooming Instruction
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
Explore a new career with Pima Medical Institute. We offer a number of certificate, associate, and bachelor's degree programs in the medical, allied health, dentistry, nursing, mortuary science, veterinary, and massage therapy fields.
- Veterinary Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
Penn Foster offers affordable, self-paced career-focused distance education programs in fields like business, criminal justice, health services, technology, engineering, paralegal studies and more.
Welcome to Carrington College - The Starting Point for Health Care Careers. With roots that date back more than 45 years, Carrington College has helped to shape the careers of tens of thousands of students as they prepare to enter health care professions.
San Joaquin Valley College is an accredited private junior college committed to the professional success of its students and graduates.
Founded in 1977, SJVC has campuses located throughout California-including an Online division and offers a variety of accelerated Certificate and Associate of Science degree programs in the business, medical and technical fields.
Students benefit from a balance of classroom instruction and real-world experience, learning the skills they need to go straight to work in todays competitive job market.
- Phoenix Career Services™ help students find careers that match their interests & map out a personalized career plan.
- Mentorships & networking opportunities available through Alumni Association of 800,000+ graduates.
- Flexible start date and class schedules.
- 100+ locations and online options.
- Offers special military rates and special advisors who have a military background.
- Students can earn credits for applicable military training and education.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
Please Call 855-816-4001 to speak to a customer representative.
- Within 6 months of graduation, over 90% of new graduates land jobs in their fields of study.
- Offers an $18k College Completer Scholarship for transferring students who meet requirements.
- All professors hold advanced degrees, many with MBAs and PhDs.
- Classes start every 8 weeks, and curriculum is updated regularly with input from industry leaders.
- More than 85% of students receive financial aid in the form of scholarships and grants.
- Accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC/NCA).
Founded in 1789, Georgetown University is the nation's oldest Catholic and Jesuit university. Today, Georgetown is a major international research university that embodies its founding principles in the diversity of our students, faculty, and staff, our commitment to justice and the common good, our intellectual openness, and our international character.
Matching School Ads
In order to be a veterinary technician, it is essential that you know what
the job entails before you join any of the Veterinary Technician
Schools or a collage that offers Veterinary technician courses. As a
veterinary technician your job will be to keep all the medical records, prepare
the diagnostic equipment and the surgical room, apply bandages to the animal
wounds and assist the veterinarian while he is performing surgery. In rural
areas you will have to travel to the farms to perform your duties. It is a
demanding job and requires physical strength.
How To Become A Veterinary Technician
Once you have decided to become a veterinary technician, your next step is
to decide whether you want to study for an associates degree in veterinary
technology or a bachelors degree in veterinary technology. An associates degree
is a two year course while a bachelors degree is a four year course. While
enrolling for the courses you have to make sure that the courses are accredited
by the American Veterinary Medical Association.
Just like in medical school you can choose an area to specialize in, so too
as a California veterinary technician you can choose to
specialize in a field like dental care, anaesthesiology. Emergency care,
internal medicine, research and veterinary behaviour. Veterinary technician
careers in all these fields are very much in demand. Depending on which career
is suitable for you you can make your choice.
After earning your degree from the school or college and after having
completed your intern ship, you need to get yourself certified by taking an
exam. Most states offer The Veterinary Technician National Examination of The
American Association of Veterinary State Boards. Most states have a different
title for certified veterinary technician, in one state you may be a Certified
Veterinary Technician, while in another you might be certified as a Registered
Veterinary Technician Salary near Rancho Cucamonga
Once you have got yourself certified you can start applying for jobs as a
veterinary technician in animal clinics, hospitals, research facilities, animal
shelters and laboratories. A Veterinary Technician salary in California
varies greatly depending on your
experience and position. The compensation for Vet Tech is competitive and usually offers great benefits.
If you have a love for animals and want to make a career out of taking care
of them a Veterinary Technician career may be just the right one for you.